As an employee of the institute and the University of Tennessee system, employees can enroll in benefits and insurances such as health, dental, retirement, life, disability, and many more. UT also:
- Supports on-the-job training, professional development and continued education of its employees with a wide variety of opportunities. Employees also can pursue degrees at UT without having to pay tuition fees. Dependents and spouses of UT employees can attend undergraduate credit courses at a discounted rate of 50 percent off the tuition cost.
- Offers employer 401(k) matching of up to $50 per month. Employees are given numerous options to save and are enrolled in one of two pension programs.
- Offers salaried employees two vacation days a month, and hourly paid employees one day of vacation a month. Plus, UT offers numerous holidays and administrative closings throughout the year.
- Partners with several national companies to allow UT employees to apply discounts toward cell phone plans, travel expenses, rental cars, and many more purchases.
Available positions are listed below. For more information, contact Tomi Rogers at email@example.com
Check the University of Tennessee Career page for updates.
IPS Law Enforcement Innovation Center (LEIC) – Limited Duration (LDA)
This is a limited duration appointment.This is for two positions.The University of Tennessee Law Enforcement Innovation Center is seeking applications for the position of Administrative Specialist to work in the LEIC office, located in Oak Ridge, TN.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide advanced administrative and/or clerical services, which may require supervision of designated personnel and/or departmental operations. This position will Serves as a primary contact for customers and clients regarding specific LEIC offerings. Specific job functions will include: Performing advanced or diversified tasks, following established practices and procedures. This position requires consistent interaction with clients and outside organizations to ensure that the goals of LEIC and external agencies are being met. The incumbent will create and maintain extensive calendars for multiple events and clients and serves as liaison with other campus units and outside agencies as needed for administrative support of LEIC. This position will create and maintain complicated spreadsheets for scheduling, budgeting, and contacts.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree preferred.
Position requires four years of office experience and interacting positively with customers.
Required skills include knowledge of proper accounting procedures. Knowledge of basic computer operations. Advanced skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) with a strong focus on Excel. Basic analytical skills (verbal and written). Ability to work with a team, as well as independently, with little supervision. Knowledge of federal grant requirements preferred.
Candidate must exhibit qualities of emotional maturity, genuineness, self-confidence, common sense, judgment, fairness, creativity, discretion, decisiveness, political savvy, diplomacy, tact, resiliency, adaptability, courage of convictions and tolerance for ambiguity. Demonstrated behavioral expectations include:
• Unquestioned integrity and trustworthiness
• Commitment to the University’s mission and strategic plan, as well as missions and strategic plans for each campus/institute
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and to foster teamwork
- Based in Oak Ridge however, occasional travel will be required with this position
Applicants are encouraged to review all position requirements prior to applying. Salary is based on a combination of professional experience and qualifications.
Applicants should apply electronically at http://humanresources.tennessee.edu/recruitment. Applicant must submit resume, cover letter and at least three references. Position is open until filled.
Other Admin Asst/Secr/Clerical
Law Enforcement Innovation Center
Oct 20, 2022, 9:02:04 AM