As an employee of the institute and the University of Tennessee system, employees can enroll in benefits and insurances such as health, dental, retirement, life, disability, and many more. UT also:
- Supports on-the-job training, professional development and continued education of its employees with a wide variety of opportunities. Employees also can pursue degrees at UT without having to pay tuition fees. Dependents and spouses of UT employees can attend undergraduate credit courses at a discounted rate of 50 percent off the tuition cost.
- Offers employer 401(k) matching of up to $50 per month. Employees are given numerous options to save and are enrolled in one of two pension programs.
- Offers salaried employees two vacation days a month, and hourly paid employees one day of vacation a month. Plus, UT offers numerous holidays and administrative closings throughout the year.
- Partners with several national companies to allow UT employees to apply discounts toward cell phone plans, travel expenses, rental cars, and many more purchases.
Available positions are listed below. For more information, contact Tomi Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Support Assistant – Law Enforcement Innovation Center
Regular, Full-time, Market Range 03
General Description: The University of Tennessee Law Enforcement Innovation Center is seeking applications for the position of Administrative Support Assistant to work in the LEIC office, located in Oak Ridge, TN.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and/or clerical support services to the department. This position provides assistance to the internal operations of LEIC by performing transactions in IRIS, Concur, K@te, iK@te, and assisting in Business Office operations.
This position performs a variety of well-defined, repetitive clerical duties following policies and procedures set up by the department and under direct supervision. This position performs other duties as may be assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree preferred.
Position requires two years of office experience and interacting positively with customers. Previous experience in an educational environment is preferred.
Required skills include knowledge of proper accounting procedures. Knowledge of basic computer operations. Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Basic analytical skills (verbal and written). Ability to interact with customers via phone, email, or face-to-face, representing the agency professionally. Ability to organize electronic information, along with data entry, keyboarding.
Preferred skills include knowledge of UT travel policies and procedures. Knowledge and ability to learn, understand and use SAP (IRIS), Concur, Marketplace, as well as the learning management system (K@TE) and invoicing system (iK@TE).
Candidate must exhibit qualities of emotional maturity, genuineness, self-confidence, common sense, judgment, fairness, creativity, discretion, decisiveness, political savvy, diplomacy, tact, resiliency, adaptability, courage of convictions and tolerance for ambiguity. Demonstrated behavioral expectations include:
• Unquestioned integrity and trustworthiness
• Commitment to the University’s mission and strategic plan, as well as missions and strategic plans for each campus/institute
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and to foster teamwork
Based in Oak Ridge however, occasional travel will be required with this position.
Applicants are encouraged to review all position requirements prior to applying. Salary is based on a combination of professional experience and qualifications.
Applicants should apply online and attach a resume, cover letter, and contact information for at least three professional references. Position is open until filled.
Click link below to apply: